Thread: MOT fail
View Single Post
Old 6th December 2019, 17:13   #15
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerman View Post
Im intrigued by the difference in plugs I've changed reflectors for both halogen and xenon and the plugs were the same.

Can you post a picture?

What was the problem with the headlight on the MOT??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Send a picture of the plugs you have (I didn't realise they were different) to make sure you have no issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbrooks View Post
There isn't any difference in power supply plugs to our headlamps. I was unlucky with the allegedly new O/s headlamp I bought. I believe the pins were s lightly misaligned. I didn't want to force and get blamed for damaging it, so it went back today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smabious View Post
I had the same problem with trying to fit new headlights. The connector on the NS just not would fit. I got totally frustrated so used pliers to force it on (I know not the best idea). However, doing that forced out the individual wires that were not lining up. With this I tweaked the offending pins in the headlight slightly to align and it fitted. Real pain though.

There's no difference in the headlight plugs, they're all the same across the models and years. What I have found in the past is the brand new headlight units (i can only assume come from china and were for the chinese models) have very poor plugs that don't align with our plugs very well at all.

I've only had one set like that here, which I used on my dad's car at the time and the sidelights just wouldn't work due to poor connection at the plugs. Ended up chopping the plugs off (on the headlights) and using a pair of plugs from a scrap donor pair of headlights which solved the problem.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote