View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2019, 22:04   #42
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
I asked this on the other wishbone bush thread so I'll put it here too:

An intriguing facet of this (to me anyway), is why does Xpart/Rimmer list a different Part Number for the Rover 75 rear bush and the MG ZT version? It's always been my understanding that different Part Numbers mean different parts. Yet from what I see, most aftermarket sellers offer the same part for the 75 and the ZT. I assumed it may be to provide the different suspension specs (eg the front camber angles, which through some mechanism are different). But, the reasoning I was given on the forum, is that the rubber used for the bushes is different in its stiffness. A bit like the diesel's lower engine mount bush, which is stiffer than the others. Anyone have a view on this?

TC
My view is simple, the original parts will have long since gone, and the replacements will be sourced from the far east more than likely, so will be the same regardless of what is said about them part number wise.

You are better off sourcing Unipart items if you can find them as new old stock, than paying through the nose for poor quality "OEM" items

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote