View Single Post
Old 9th October 2019, 19:18   #10174
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Replaced the front pads (Bendix), they had 3mm remaining with even wear.

As per normal with these, and the discs were replaced along with the pads last ( TRW discs, not Wanjitown Siming Mountain "OEM" spec) the outboard swept area of the disc was pristine, and the inboard side had a 3/8" ring of crust at the outer diameter of the disc.

The discs were removed, a chipping hammer used to knock of the crust, after which they were lightly machined to attain a decent surface, and refitted to the car, the runout checked, and finally built back up.

Annoyingly, I had bought two sets of Bendix pads when I bought the discs four years back, and when I opened up the box containing the new pads, I found that they contained a different brand

The original Bendix pads had an antisqueal coating on the back side, whereas the new ones did not .

Time will tell, I'll bed them in tomorrow and see how they perform........ho hum.

Brian
I have driven 130 miles today, and as soon as I got in from work I ordered a new set of brake pads.

Don't you simply love having to do the same job twice in quick succession due to pisspoor quality parts

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote