View Single Post
Old 7th October 2019, 19:26   #11
mcd840
Gets stuck in

Nissan NV300 Tekna 170 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashy90 View Post
Ive owned many modern day Rover's. My every day car that I keep long term has always been a Rover, but also alongside that I have bought many Rovers that are non runners, spares or repair or needing attention. I like to fix them and save them from being scrapped. I think it's around 20 I have owned. But never have I had a 75. Until now.

I recently rescued a w reg 1.8 saloon that was going to be broken up. It's quite a low spec model (classic se I believe) but it has only done 43k miles! It had an external coolant leak from the head gasket. I have replaced the head gasket and just started driving it, these are my first impressions;

-lovely interior

-very comfortable seats and driving position

-quite a few interior creaks and rattles etc which is a suprise I must admit. There's more creaks and rattles than my 2002 Rover 45 has which has done double the mileage. The doors/door cards, centre arm rest and clutch pedal all seem to creak or squeek.

-the 1.8 engine is not that bad! I do not think it is particularly underrpowered. It might be a bit sluggish initially, but it goes quite nicely when pushed. The engine noise is more hushed than the k series in other Rover's, which is good, however it is still fairly noisey at higher speeds. There's no getting away from the k series booming away at 70mph it seems. Did I read the autos are quieter as they sit at a lower rpm cruising at 70?

I must admit I am concerned about driving it for one reason. The clutch hydraulics. Are they that bad?
+ 1 - The interior on these cars are very nice however I do think interior build quality for an executive car is shocking, poor and not well made at all, more noticeable from the diesel 75's
mcd840 is offline   Reply With Quote