View Single Post
Old 20th September 2019, 20:38   #8
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
At the end of the day, its just a trim, could you not fit a chrome 75 one instead? Or repaint the original? There are people on Facebook had great results doing this.
I know, its silly, but its more what it represents.

I've spent years worrying about what needs done next, where to get XYZ part, avoiding Chinese/Indian bits etc.

Im mentally worn out and exhausted with just having so many things constantly on my mind. It feels like I am constantly thinking about the ***** car and what needs done. Now its come to a point where I am looking back and realising its actually affected my mental health and state of mind.

I can't go on anymore with the spares situation, I dont want to be running about in a car with badly fitting trim, worried about what is going to break next, and poisoning myself on the fumes.

Whenever I start the car up outside the house, the ZT Cdti really has a noxious output and its awful. I almost hope that these old smokers get banned to force me to move to something else.

The only more depressing thing than all the above, is the thought of paying back a car on a monthly loan, but that seems to be fine for 90% of the cars on the road these days, so not sure what my problem is.

I know what the next thing will be.... when I remove the trim for another, or to bend/fettle this one and see if it can be re-shaped, I bet the clips under the screen crack into bits, turning a simple job into the usual MG Rover nightmare, and I am back to square one sourcing new clips and finding a place to remove the rear screen without breaking it. A nightmare rabbit hole. Fortunately I now cycle a lot, and its given me some freedom as the diesel is off the road with a clonking CV/RH Driveshaft.

I will also add... even that is a joke.. the "new" MGROver CV boot kits are rubbish, and not even the right size compared to the originals not to mention a garage I know says they only seem to last 2 years on his customers cars. I was lucky to source old factory stock in terms of a pair of CVs and a few boot kits, but the parts quality is a depressing disgrace.

All this on a car which was a one owner from new garaged all its life CDTi with only 60k on the clock at the time. Its in great condition compared to what I see out there. Perhaps the solution is to find a ZT-T Monogram in near mint condition, I don't think I am fussed with having the V6 any more, the Diesel is so revolting.

Last edited by T16; 20th September 2019 at 20:48..
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote