View Single Post
Old 27th July 2019, 11:58   #73
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
That was a potential solution I suggested long ago, but with no real idea what the clear lacquer might do to the polycarbonate lenses - and not willing to risk my lenses.

I think it calls for some experiment. May I suggest if someone has an old headlamp lens, polish it up to a good clear finish, then spray half of it with clear lacquer, then just leave it outside in the sun and weather for a few weeks.

I don't have a lens to carry out such an experiment with, but if someone might care to supply me with one - I have what is needed to polish it up, the lacquer and plenty of space outside to leave it undisturbed.

Omg...!

Clear lacquer is what protects them from the factory. I cant repeat this again!

With no clear lacquer you are left with soft, exposed, polycarbonate which is so soft you can simply brush it with your fingernail and it scratches.

How many times do I need to say it!! No experimentation is required, it is THE only way to restore them to factory fresh.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SPRAY-MAX-H.../dp/B01NA9K7N6

You need a 2K Clear UV resistant spray, ideally with a primer as detailed in the German Spray max kit.

Most body shops will use normal 2k Clear lacquer, which has UV resistance anyway of course.
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote