View Single Post
Old 27th July 2019, 11:47   #147709
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning Phil, Blimey how times have changed!, I put down a £800 deposit (I got as a redundancy payment) on this house. which was enough in those days.

Your nephew sounds like a smart boy.
You did well Ian to buy your house whilst having to cope with redundancy. You have made it comfortable and turned it into a fantastic home, with home made food many delights a conservatory, decking, a place for the cars and a greenhouse. That’s quite a lot to keep up. My in-laws struggled to pay for my nephew to have a good education at Eton, then Durham University. He certainly is a bright lad and has the ability to be multi-thinking, looking at problems and solving them from every angle on different levels. Earlier on this year, he applied for a job in Singapore, but he was told, he was needed for the UK. He is a good lad, he never dabbled with drugs or with crime.

The cost of housing these days is something else. How can youngsters get on the property ladder if they don’t have a job with good prospects and don’t have enough money. I am sorry, I don’t know the answer.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote