View Single Post
Old 10th July 2019, 06:44   #545
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Druyts View Post
I have to disagree. I travel a lot to the UK and I have to say to say that the UK is the far the most expensive country regarding fuel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble Eric, but here are the prices of diesel first:-Belgium £1.42.... France £1.35.5. Nederland £1.35.
Petrol (unleaded). Belgium £1.39.5. France £1.43. Nederland. £1.66.
These prices are worked out on the £ versus € , at exchange rate of €1.06 to the £.
I am paying £1.257 at Asda by me, so quite a hike in price when travelling to Europe. Diesel has been as much as 17 cents per litre cheaper in Europe a few years back compared to GB. Not any more. I can understand why the yellow jackets got their nickers in a twist in France the way prices have gone up over there..
If you need fuel you will need fuel so will pay the appropriate rate wherever you are in Europe, it's a weekend away with your mates so probably we shouldn't be worrying about saving a few pence here and there on fuel
I'll will fill at Folkstone, simply because it's one less thing to worry about over the weekend.. probably here https://stores.sainsburys.co.uk/0057/west-park-farm because being 8 mins from the Euro tunnel terminal it would be a good place for the group to gather on Friday morning so that we can all arrive together.

Cheers