View Single Post
Old 30th June 2019, 13:26   #384
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Huge Thank You to...............

...................................... Allen for coming round to sort out my toilet seat and lid. I was fully aware that the seat and lid were broken as it was stated in the surveyors report. There was a brand new set sitting waiting to be fitted.

So I thought I’ll have a go at this, shouldn’t be hard should it? Well what a strange affair the fittings don’t go right through, with a nut bolt system. The old fittings just go into the pan. Well I twisted them one way then twisted them in the opposite direction thinking that they would unscrew. Nope, turn yes but no unscrewing nor would they lift out.

So I phoned Allen who said he would come round in the evening, bringing Val with him to see the new furniture as well.
So I got on with other jobs that needed doing. Put lots of bits on market place on the book of faces to sell. Cut the grass. Washed Banana and Redfive.
Had a change round in the lounge. Then upstairs to have a change round in the second bedroom.

Got dinner ready, nice chunk of rump steak, new pots and a side salad.
Allen and Val came round at about 6.30pm. Val made the tea whilst Allen had a look at the loo fittings. Not the easiest of things to do but Allen soon had it figured out. The chrome covers over the screws were easily removed and he was able to screw out the fittings. The screws were just screwed into silicon, no fittings whatsoever.
But the new ones had expanding fittings the more you screwed into them they expanded and gripped inside the pan.
Soon the seat was clipped into place. Both the seat and lid are those slow to close bits.

More tea? Oh! Go on then. Both Val Allen sat on the new leather sofa. They both found it very comfortable. We sat and chatted. Allen had me in stitches of some of the things he got up to in his youth.
But the time was rolling on and it was time for them to go.

234,320. Got 2 long distance trips coming up.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote