Thread: 52.3 mpg.....
View Single Post
Old 27th June 2019, 23:17   #8
Tourist
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Some good figures there chaps!

I've been pottering around in the Scottish Highlands this week and as we're in no hurrry have been seeing what the 75 will achieve after its 160 remap and new intercooler.

I brimmed the tank on Monday so that fuel was visible in the filler neck and drove it sparingly but with Aircon on full and a bit of a load - after 690.1 miles the dash told me I had a consumption figure of 57.6 and a range left of 58 miles, however that's definitely optimistic.

The car had used 12.79 gallons of fuel in the 690.1 miles so that's actually 53.95 MPG. Whatever way you look at it that's pretty cheap motoring!

I filled it up this afternoon and will be driving in a little more spirited manner to enjoy the 160 remap this time. We're going from Inverness to Gairloch tomorrow and that's a lovely drive on empty roads in beautiful countryside.

Back home, there are some major roadworks on the A14 which mean that you have to do about 50 miles at 40 mph max - on a good day I can get over 70 MPG indicated on a 100 mile round trip. It's sooooooooooo boring though!
Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote