View Single Post
Old 16th June 2019, 12:31   #146872
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

You do tend to get more bang for your bucks with a desktop pc but the problem for me atm is one of space to accommodate one. They need a dedicated space which would be nice to have and maybe a better setup for me to use but for now a laptop is really the only practical option ... with all of the limitations they have re upgrading. I have used an Advent 9517 laptop running Vista as my everyday pc for the last decade, I'm not into gaming or watching online movies and the like so it has served me well for what I use it for. Unfortunately the screen has gradually dimmed over time and while my intention is to replace the backlight when time permits an opportunity appeared on ebay which caught my eye. So I took the plunge and bought ... another Advent 9517. I know, it's a bit of an old dog in hardware terms but it is a dog that I know well and actually it is very much a new-born puppy in terms of use.

Under 16 days HDD use showing on receipt and the laptop's general appearance and the feel of its keyboard are indicative of very little use. As for the screen, I can't believe the difference and that I didn't realize sooner the degree to which the old one had deteriorated. I might have to wear my sunglasses for a while to get used to it lol.

Last edited by WillyHeckaslike; 16th June 2019 at 12:34..
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote