View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2019, 22:15   #18
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulkhead View Post
Thanks for the further advice about the LSM. I really don’t know what it is or what I am looking for. If the lights coming on was due to a fault with this LSM would it not occur again, it seems to me the only thing different to how I usually leave the car is the key was in the ignition. As yet the problem has not reappeared, and all electrics are working as they should. Do you really think that I should take all the front off? What would I then be looking for. I am disturbed to hear of instances of fire, is this likely to happen? His many 75’s have had this happen. Should I lay the car up or even get it taken for scrap? Clearly don’t want to risk a fire. Taking the car to the mainland is not a realistic option for all sorts of reasons, but do the experts really think that I am in danger using this car, which has run well for the last two days, with no issue. I welcome further thoughts. Thanks
As I said, when my LSM played up I took it out and noticed very slight corrosion on the socket pins. As this corrosion is usually the result of a trace of moisture getting in I sprayed the pins and the circuit board with a fine coating of WD 40.--This stops any further corrosion.

The LSM has been working well for several years now with no more problems.----

PS. Stop worrying about a fire. There are lots of things on cars that can cause a fire but very rarely do. Your car seems now to be behaving itself. I'm sure it will continue to do so.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote