View Single Post
Old 18th May 2019, 16:51   #10
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75driver View Post
Good luck with the build.👍
Hopefully, you will have thought out the layout of your site well in advance.
When I was building mine, it was into the side of a hill, that slopes from east to west, on about 0.3 acre.
From the outset, It was difficult to see where exactly the “garage” would fit. But the house was the main concern at the time, so that took precedence.
Once that was up, the garage was built, as large as it could be, on the rear corner of the site. It’s large enough to get a car into, but with all the gubbins that gets stored in the garage, access for working on the car is limited.☹️.
In hindsight, if the house was “moved” a few metres to one side, I could have built a proper shed😞.
All I can say is Plan, plan, plan before you break a S.o.d.🙄.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all planned, hopefully!
The house sits forward and towards the right hand side of the site as you look at it. The workshop / garage / man cave is to the left towards the rear and because of a slope will be down below the house. In reality there is space for a bigger garage but I'd get clobbered with something if I was to suggest that.
Should have a decent driveway, area in front of shed for car washing and space to store the caravan along side it. Or indeed inside the shed because I made sure the door was both wide and tall enough to accommodate the caravan too.
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote