View Single Post
Old 12th January 2009, 13:42   #95
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Ah, I see your problem there, trouble is these test boxes are quite few and far between and not a purchasable item ( made by the individual). However if you look at the club image gallery and look in Rleon's pictures you will see a wiring diagram for one. (ignore the part of the diagram with the bulb)

Put simply, it is a live feed to the blue and yellow connection on either motor. Then there are two negatives, one of which is black on both VIS motors. The second neg is switched. Cannot remember the colours off the top off my head.

When the live is connected to the blue/yellow and the black is connected to the neg the VIS motor sits at rest. Then connect the second negative AS WELL and the VIS motors across. Disconnecting the second neg allows the VIS to motor back to rest.

The fourth connection ( with the bulb) simply sends a signal back to the ECU. Hence not reqd to test VIS action.

It is a but fiddly but can be done with a 9v battery, bit of wire and three small spade connectors.

HTH

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 13th January 2009 at 07:29..
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote