View Single Post
Old 26th March 2019, 14:10   #313
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool I thought there was reams of paper......................

......................................... when I sold the flat, but oh! my! Look at the paperwork for buying the house.

I downloaded 8 pages from the surveyors and 20 odd pages from the solicitors.
The surveyors questions were straight forward. Did I want the basic or the all in survey, only £400 difference. I went for the all in as the house is not that old.
Sent all the paperwork off plus the cheque yesterday. Just got a phone call from them to thank me for the prompt return of the papers plus cheque.
They are hoping to carry out the survey this Thursday. I then get the report in 5 working days.

As for the solicitors paperwork. Wow! The questions. But having filled out numerous forms when I sold I was pretty confident that I could answer the questions.
Was doing really well till I hit the question, “was I a first time buyer?” So I phoned this morning to ask if I was. Nope as I had owned the flat, just had to print that form off again and answer the question correctly. And another cheque written out.
I’m going into Plymouth to their offices tomorrow, by bus hopefully I’ll get on the right one. They need to see me with my I.D.

I can then go onto the bank and get the money all into one place so that when the time comes I can transfer it all over in one go.
I’ve started the re-packing. Got most of the model collection packed, but only the stuff that is upstairs. Going to sell some of the cars off. Got far too many. Will put my ZT collection on here first. Then later on in a few months time I’ll rent a stall at a toy fair and sell the bulk there.
Be keeping my Rolls-Royce and Bentley collection along with my 2 huge Lamborghini’s.

Will sell the 1/12th scale Jaguars XJ220’s, including the rare Grampian Police car with it’s certificate, plus there is also a XJ220 in kit form. Only been out the box to have a look. Never got round to painting and building it. I still have my late brothers Fokker Tri-plane kit. He wanted me to build it for him. Alas circumstances ruled otherwise.
Will probably sell the book collection as well, not as extensive as my brother-in-laws. He has over 4,000 books.

Got some paintings to sell as well. Might take everything to a local auction house, Allen knows a good one.
Oh! Well! Tea break over. Back to work packing. Best get the bulk of it done now, saves the hassle later on.

Thanks for reading.

234,320. Got 2 long distance trips coming up.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote