View Single Post
Old 27th February 2019, 11:56   #107
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
doc said I couldn't keep taking the antibiotics for too long. I think 4 weeks was the longest period taking them, and then the pain returned once they were stopped.

I'm already a member on there Phil, there are quite a few of us battling from the condition, but no real cures though. Many have had surgery without much success, seems only those that have had the testicle removed have gone on to live a pain free life.

I may just do that Phil, I done similar with regards to Trigeminal Neuralgia with the Maxillofacial and Neurology team.

Roll on next week, but something is telling me even if they do offer me surgery, I'm most probably going to chicken-out, this would be due to the many failed success stories that I've read.
When you see the surgeon Wes, ask about his success rate in treating your condition. Tell him what you have told us about what you read and listen to what he has to say. I have had 6 operations, 4 NHS and 2 private. All were successful with no complications and each one improved the quality of my life. Whatever your decision is going to be, weigh up the pros and cons with the surgeon and don’t be pressured. There is another member here who had his testicle removed for cancer last year. After the op, his biopsy results came back negative for cancer, he had a prosthetic ball fitted. He was very relieved with the outcome, his story had a happy ending and he had peace of mind. All the best with your decision.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 27th February 2019 at 11:58..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote