View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2019, 16:08   #498
KimRG

Rover 75 V6 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovcan View Post
That may be the registered info, but I wouldn't want to guess how much is true. If you compare some of the phone numbers you'll see a couple of unlikely combinations. The 902 area code is Nova Scotia, but the 809 area code is the Dominican Republic. Still, godaddy is a reputable website building company who may want to be informed if one of their customer's site is being used for fraudulent criminal activities.
After more researching the telephone admin number starting with 809 is indeed within the Dominican Republic and therefore a possible scam – go to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/809_scam
From the Canadian 411 web site for the autogpsdvds.com website, the registrants number for Sean does not relate to the registrants address but to a couple in L’Ardoise.
It gets worse the registrants fax number is a telephone number for a Pizza Restaurant in Sydney.
However, the admins fax number does relate to the address previously given.
As these entries are at least spurious I will be forwarding the information on to Action Fraud and the Godady hosting platform.
With regards to the 75andzt.com web site where I made my recent purchase, this site is still live but with many pages not accessible. I have also checked all the email addresses for the sites and are still active but the user’s computer may be set up to block incoming traffic relating to the websites.
KimRG is offline   Reply With Quote