View Single Post
Old 1st February 2019, 17:18   #17
madsega

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Personally I wouldn’t wait too long to investigate the wire mesh inside the front camshaft cover as I wouldn’t like to think what could happen if it moves.

As SD1 too suggests, your fan is of three speed type and can often be repaired by just renewing one or two of the four carbon brushes, I suggest you order two. You can get them here https://www.old-germany.de/ecommerce...g2s1smq9p6pq86

Regards
I will investigate more tomorrow and let you guys know what's up inside the camshaft. I have to say that this is my secondary car, it hasn't moved since I bought it, only started her up every couple of days for 10-15 minutes. I want to first fix it and not brake it more. It's in pretty bad condition as you guys can see but I'm willing to fix it.

Regarding the carbon brush, I will have to check and see if I can find it somewhere else , they don't ship to my country unfortunately.

Also, earlier I picked something from the trunk/boot and noticed that there was water inside and the textile was soaking wet. What would I have to check. Maybe some clogged water drain holes and where would I look?

Thank you guys so much for all the help
madsega is offline   Reply With Quote