View Single Post
Old 20th December 2018, 10:32   #143593
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Morning all - apologies for my absence over the last couple of days - I've been rather preoccupied, both mentally and physically. The family illness situation with my sister hasn't improved - in fact, even after visits to her GP, the Pleural Clinic, and her Oncologist, things are on a downward path. Whilst she has been prescribed steroids to try and get some of her strength back, plus very strong painkillers, she now spends a lot of each day hooked up to her oxygen supply.
We will try and keep a cheerful mood around us over the Christmas period, but it won't be easy I fear.

A bit like w44nty, I'm now on the usual hunt for SWMBO's Christmas present. I did buy a new set of screwdrivers in Aldi the other week, and wondered whether she would appreciate her own personal set, rather than having to ask for the key to my toolbox every time she wants to borrow one of mine?
I seem to remember that she actually paid for them in the shop - so that would offer TWO benefits -
1. Her Christmas present hasn't cost me anything
2. It's a practical, useful present

I have bought her ONE gift she asked for - a decent quality MP3 player. This is mainly so that she can listen to her type of music (anything from the 70s) in the car, without having to "put up with" MY type of music (Irish Country, Country & Western - with the emphasis on Western).

Just had a brainwave - I could give her a voucher, authorising her to switch the central heating on for a maximum of 1 hour per day until the end of December (this year that is) - now that would be a really generous prezzie

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote