View Single Post
Old 11th December 2018, 17:33   #12
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullnose75 View Post
I used these switchback DRL's mate. Am well happy with them so far. I cut and lengthened the wiring (soldered and heat shrink tubing) between the LED's and their gold resistors so I could fix the resistors more securely to metal framework of the Rover and not leave them dangling about in mid air.
Then wired the DRL's up via a five pole changeover relay so that they are on whenever ignition is in the run position (ignition feed to relay from fusebox in car behind glovebox) Then spliced a wire into sidelight wiring to run to relay to trip relay and turn off DRL's whenever sidelights come on. Think I wired the relay 85 to Earth. 30 to Ignition live. 87a to DRL's. So DRL's are on whenever ignition is on/engine running.
And 86 to sidelight feed to trip relay and turn DRL's off whenever sidelights or sidelights and headlights are on.
Paul
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-PY21W-...72.m2749.l2649
Thanks Paul
I understand the relay to turn the drls off when sidelights are on

Now stupid question time I can't make out from the Web if when the drls are on and you indicate do the drls flash on and off alternately to the indicators or is there a delay in the system so the drls stay off until the indicators stop ?

Cheers Scott
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote