View Single Post
Old 8th November 2018, 19:37   #8707
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
When you have fitted the pipe, give it a good covering of Waxoyle.
It's Kunifer David, and there won't be anything added as protection as these will outlast the car

I'm not going to give the MOT tester any excuse to issue an advisory for brake pipes being "greased" or other such nonsense.

There are two pipes left to change and then there will be only the steel pipes from the master cylinder to the ABS modulator original to the car.

You never know, I might get the duraglit out and polish them up polish them up like the copper pipework in gents toilets of old

Anyway today's job in between real work, was to replace the top bearing on the driver's side MacPherson strut.

Job finished, I turned the attention to the snapped bleed nipple in the OSF caliper, and now that's out, I can rehang the leg, refit the caliper and do a quick gravity bleed.

Once the last two pipes are made and fitted tomorrow morning, I'll give the whole system a proper bleed using T4.

Then I can refit the driveshafts, refill the gearbox, fit the subframe, and get on with the rear upper arm replacement, and fit the four new tyres that turned up at the workshop today.

I'm actually looking forward to test driving it fitted with the new clutch.

Onward and upwards

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote