View Single Post
Old 18th September 2018, 22:23   #31
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Maninder, ten years ago I bought my very first Rover 75, it was a British Racing Green Connoisseur SE Tourer 1800T with 42,000 miles on the clock.

I was the second owner, and the car was at the time six years old, and it is the only R40 I've bought that wasn't a rescue, and wasn't any sort of compromise.

The dealer I bought it from supplied it with 12 months MOT, six months VED, a full tank of fuel and a six month warranty.

The price, well it was a shade under £4000.

This car looked every bit as nice as Clyde's car, was ten years younger than Clyde's car, and had half the mileage under it's belt when I bought it.

It also had more options, walnut wheel, gearknob, message centre, PDC, and had quality written all over it, from the matching set of five Dunlop Fast Response tyres on unmarked alloy wheels, to the deep sea green mats protecting the carpet from my hob nail boots.

So can you remind me, what makes this particular car so special ?

Brian

Brian,

You and other's are still missing my point. I have no interest in what Clyde's car is worth, other than recognizing that in my eyes it was a rather special car. In my view a potential buyer will determine the worth of the car if he is genuinely interested in buying it.

I just do not believe that the treatment Clyde received when he published his asking price in the for sale thread was justified and he should not have been subjected to the treatment that he received.

I had a neighbour once who used to regularly take great pleasure in telling us how she disliked various aspects of our house - this included the colour, windows and practically everything else. A decorator working on our house once overheard and suggested that I could put things into perspective for her - which was that we lived in the medieval hall whereas her accommodation was the hall's old piggery repurposed to residential use. Of course I didn't do this but it always astonished me that grown up people have to put others' possessions down in the interest of "informing" or "free speech". I think there is something deeper than this that leads to such behaviour amongst a subset of society.

Last edited by MSS; 18th September 2018 at 22:27..