View Single Post
Old 18th September 2018, 22:08   #28
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
No - he did not. He alerted members to the fact that he would be advertising the car.

The rest is just you having the opinion that you do not value his car as he does.

The fact is that his car looked rather special whereas most on here do not. That makes it special and quite unique.
Maninder, ten years ago I bought my very first Rover 75, it was a British Racing Green Connoisseur SE Tourer 1800T with 42,000 miles on the clock.

I was the second owner, and the car was at the time six years old, and it is the only R40 I've bought that wasn't a rescue, and wasn't any sort of compromise.

The dealer I bought it from supplied it with 12 months MOT, six months VED, a full tank of fuel and a six month warranty.

The price, well it was a shade under £4000.

This car looked every bit as nice as Clyde's car, was ten years younger than Clyde's car, and had half the mileage under it's belt when I bought it.

It also had more options, walnut wheel, gearknob, message centre, PDC, and had quality written all over it, from the matching set of five Dunlop Fast Response tyres on unmarked alloy wheels, to the deep sea green mats protecting the carpet from my hob nail boots.

So can you remind me, what makes this particular car so special ?

Brian