Old 28th August 2018, 12:02   #14
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino View Post
Morning all,

Unfortunately I am still experiencing issues with low fuel pressure causing the engine to cut out whilst accelerating.
I have changed the O rings on the pressure regulater & yesterday replaced the UBP with one from DMGRS. Initially things looked good, but coming home from the cinema last night the e nine cut out 3 times.
Quote:
In each case I wasn't even accelerating hard.
Now unfortunately I had let the fuel run low last week, the warning light came on driving home from work Saturday before I filled up. I'm wondering if there's some muck in the lines. I only replaced the filter a few hundred miles ago, but maybe its worth doing again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's potentially dangerous, not to mention very annoying. I'm at a loss as to what else I can check.

Thanks,

Rob
HI Rob.
I doubt there is any muck in the line, but what you do need to do as a test is remove the fuel hose from the UBP at the point it enters the fuel filter, stick the end in an open container ie pop bottle washed out, an old jug etc get someone to turn the ignition to II and see how the fuel comes out of the hose if it splutters then the UBP could be at fault, even though it is new, sometimes they can be faulty.

Personally I only use Pierburg UBP they are the best, what fuel filter do you have fitted ie what make ? also clean the contacts on the low pressure pump on top of the fuel filter by spraying with contact cleaner, spray a little into the plug also and push it on and off a few times, this is making sure you have covered those points.

Make sure you do not let the fuel go below the 1/4 if possible use that point as the empty mark, it invariably sounds like the ITP needs to be replaced, have you also had a leak back test done ?

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote