View Single Post
Old 14th August 2018, 06:55   #1
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Default Suddenly kicks in?

Hi all,

Sometimes when pulling away from the lights I get the feeling that the car is holding back, then suddenly, just under 3000rpm it gives a light shock while it seems to kick in. A bit like what happens when the Turbo kicks in, except I don't have a turbo...
It is not a big problem (I think), but the car never did it. And is only starting to do it since a week orso. The jolt is not extreme, but you can feel it. It's like the engine suddenly wakes up and think "what the heck ...... I better get my gears in motion" and then spurts out a bit of extra BHP.

The AC is set to Auto/Econ and I even turned it off to see if that made a difference. I don't have other systems running that use a lot of power. No headlights and no accessoiries plugged in.

I was already planning on changing the sparkplugs, the oil, all the filters and the coolant. Just as a yearly service (which is due within the next 2 months). And I'm still working out the planning to go to the UK to get my belts and headgasket done. So, there might be a chance that this would fix it. But maybe not, you people probably know better then me...