View Single Post
Old 6th July 2018, 17:08   #140499
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Evening all, this scorching weather is way too much for a non sun lover like me, I feel lousy & absolutely drained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I'm knackered! Just humped 6 x 20 kilo bags of mortar mix from the front gate round the back. Delivery driver got them off the truck two at a time so I thought can't be that heavy, went to lift one

Careful with that back Steve, I had a similar experience in the early 1970's when I was on the lorries, I picked up 20 ton of peanuts from Catford south London for the chocolate factory in York.

The load was handball and there was another guy in his fifties who picked a sack of these raw peanuts up with no bother, I went to pick my sack up & thought Jeebus!

They were 100cwt hessian sacks & you couldn't drag them along the trailer floor as they would rip.
I didn't have any gloves & after loading the 20 ton my hands were ripped to shreads

To top it off there were a lot of loose peanuts on the bed of the trailer that I picked up for a snack, when I got to the chocolate factory in York the guy said they needed to be washed as they were treated with a vermin repellent ...Begger

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote