View Single Post
Old 25th May 2018, 13:31   #115
Dorchester2
incurable Rover addict

Rover 75 Saloon V6 2.5 1999 - Rover 25 1.4 2002 - Rover 214i cab 1994 - Rover P5b coupe 1968

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
Extracting the cluster is easy, there's a plastic panel above the instrument cluster held in place with 2 screws, remove the screws and pop that panel out. Then remove the one screw in the top centre of the cluster which will then allow you to pull the cluster out (can be a bit tight on some cars but it does come out). The bottom clips wont break if you pull the cluster out straight without tilting it. I've had loads of these clusters out now and many others have removed their clusters themselves and send them to me and not a single cluster has had any clips break in the process.

If you need to use the car whilst the cluster is out, you can temporarily fit the replacement cluster you've purchased. It'll just show ERR on the trip computer due to a vin mismatch but it'll work and not cause any problems. Then once you've received your original cluster back with the new screen fitted you can refit the cluster back in your car and everything will be back to normal

Go on then.
I'm now keen on that IPK screen swapping.

But when do you think you may dispose of those new screens?

I'll be very tight on the time, because I absolutely need my 75 on the 16th of June: she'll be the guest star of a wedding, conveying the bride herself!

I would like not to use the replacement cluster I've bought just in absolute necessity if the exchange including shipping time do not exceed 10 days approx, a fortnight to put the thing at its worst (including week-end eventually).

You may answer by pm if you want it, giving me yours payment details and all informations needed (when sending you the money, then when sending you my present cluster?).

Regards.

Arnaud
  • This vehicle was the 2,032nd 75 in Atlantic Blue Pearlescent (code: JEY) to be made out of 2,572 Atlantic Blue Pearlescent 75s
Dorchester2 is offline   Reply With Quote