View Single Post
Old 21st May 2018, 17:09   #2
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphin View Post
On my blue Tourer (Seafrost - JYA) there’s a slight but fairly obvious difference in colour between the bonnet and the rest of the paintwork. Here’s a link to a photo although, to be fair, it does make the difference appear somewhat greater than it actually is. Still, it’s enough to be quite annoying!

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0V5oqs3qSp0GX

It would surely be rather unusual if the car had been in an accident such that only the bonnet, and none of the other panels, had to be replaced or resprayed, although I guess it’s possible that something dropped onto the bonnet from above at some stage!

I have T-cut and polished the bonnet just in case it had weathered differently from the other panels by being horizontal, but this hasn’t made any difference.

So is this a factory quality control issue and, if so, is it a common problem? I’d be intrigued to hear any other ideas.
Have you owned the car from new?
Many bonnets are resprayed because of scratches or stone chips...
If the rest of the car is UV effected then the bonnet could be sprayed perfectly well and just look different due to less UV..

Then again it may be painted with the wrong primer or incorrect number of top coats...

It quite common to see this now and I notice the same effect on 2 of my own Rovers as well as the likes of Flying Banana's front bumper and others...