Thread: Out of Balkans
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2018, 10:48   #30
hrissim
Gets stuck in

75 MK1 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Beautiful photos Hristo. You look as though you have lots of healthy living in your free time. Have you heard of the Bulgarian Mafia, do they still exist? Years ago, I was asked by St. John Ambulance in the UK to go to Varna. One of their members was being held captive in a mafia run hotel in the city. He had got into trouble, when he slept with a prostitute and woke up to find he had been robbed of money and his passport. Unknown to him the hotel he was staying in was owned by the mafia and he ran up lots of debts. He had driven out to Bulgaria with his brother from the UK for a holiday and when the debts were not paid, the mafia smashed up their Merc and his brother managed to escape and raise the alarm. The police were corrupt and he could not go to them. The chap I brought back then had a mental breakdown, threatening suicide. He shouted to the street below his balcony obscenities whilst in a state of not wearing any clothes. When I met him, he was tied to a chair and gagged in his room with a minder.

I had to meet with the mafia and pay off his debts and protection money in order to get him out of the country. Had I not paid, they went through with me, a list of how much each body part was worth. The reason St. John Ambulance got hold of me, is that I used to do that sort of work freelance. I wonder if the authorities in Bulgaria have managed to eliminate the mafia. Most of the time, tourists and visitors never that side they see the beautiful culture and the beautiful country
Hi, Phil!
Since we joined the EU mine country is far from what it used to be.
The Mafia still exist - even it rules in our country. BUT...
But the Mafia now is very hidden - they are not anymore interested in things like your sad unfortunately experience. They are interested in master/steal the EU founds They play in big.
Our prime-minister is ex-mafia member - we all know that there is no ex
Now Bulgaria is far from what it used to be. Just always and everywhere keep an eye on your things. Thats all. I`m traveling a lot and I know what was and what is now - huuuge difference. We are fighting mafia/country with a protests - I`m a regular participant. And there is a hope as we got out of power one prime-minister and his government /slave of Red Mafia/ in 2013/2014.
This is deep and long topic far from the aim of this thread.

Here in Balkans we have what to show the visitors - plenty of stunning Mountains, 4 seas, lot`s of Monasteries, Medieval towns and more cultural and historical places. At last through here the humans are populated the Europe

Here I`m with a friend of mine /the owner of mentioned 313bhp monster/ and his children in Rila Mountain 2 years ago on:

... one of Vapa lakes:

Last edited by hrissim; 1st May 2018 at 11:00..
hrissim is offline   Reply With Quote