View Single Post
Old 27th March 2018, 18:06   #245
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
Ah, you misunderstand - I want people to vote for what they want out of BREXIT not that it is or isn't happening. I'm no longer bothered about that. Democracy is the will of the people, the will of the people shouldn't be 'yes/no then we'll make up the rest for you' depending on what we as a political party believe (whichever party that may be) is it??

If people got to have a say in what they actually want it would put an end to all this nonsense - 17 million people voted no but, as no great lover of the EU parliament myself included, I'm sure they would have liked a few more options to vote for - as probably would a lot of people who voted yes. It is really not a binary question and that is the biggest issue
Bit too fudgy for me.

The vote was a clear - EU, In or Out.

The majority voted out.

Since then we have had oodles of abuse from those that didn’t get the result they wanted or arrogantly expected- including “we didn’t appreciate how and what we were voting for”

Only the “poorly educated could possibly vote Leave”

And of course the classic - “it’s an age thing Darhling.... - the grey haired old f@rts are still fighting the war”

But the most obnoxious is the “ Think of our children “ - “ you are denying our youth any sort of future with the U.K. being outside of the EU.

Well tell that to an under 25 in Portugal Italy Greece or Spain.

And you know WHAT REALLY PI$$ES ME OFF!! (Sincere apologies Mods) - it is people who feel as I DO - about the Youth Of Europe, and how badly they have been treated - that get Labelled “Little Englanders” by people who want to rule the world from their ARMCHAIR!!!!