Thread: Starting Issue
View Single Post
Old 25th February 2018, 21:33   #1
JHB

Rover 75 Club CDT Tourer

Default Starting Issue

Hi all, hope somebody can help me out on this.

My Rover 75 2.0 auto Con Se CDT Mk1 Tourer 2003 was left for three weeks and then would not turnover. At first I suspected the key had become out of sync but the usual play around produced no results. Battery seems fine. No warning engine lights on the dash and the key fobs open and close as they should. With key in position 2, I was able to start the engine by removing the starter lucar and hard wiring to battery positive temporarily which seems to discount an immobiliser problem. Traced back the starter feed (black) wire to the ECU box in the plenum which is fine. However, from the red/white wire onwards towards the immobiliser EWS and on to the ignition switch there is a break. The starter switch indicates there is connection when in position 3. Incidentally, can I find a wiring diagram for a Project Dive Hard Wired fuse box -no way - I'm looking to be proved wrong though!).

So far I haven't attempted to take out the EWS immobiliser but all looks dry, as was the plenum. Before I start this task, I thought I should seek advice in case it is a sensor somewhere causing the problem. The car has 100k on the clock.

Any help welcome.
JHB is offline   Reply With Quote