View Single Post
Old 18th January 2018, 15:27   #5
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

Hello Hans and welcome to the club
I can't help you directly, as it sounds like it may be more than just an air pocket in the coolant system.
Do you know how to get the coolant temperature display on your ipk? (where the mileage shows).
If not -
1- put key in ignition, press and hold trip reset button. The display will come on.

2- turn key to second click but don't start the engine, the display will change to 'test' with the number 1 displayed.

3- you only have a few seconds before it disappears so quickly press the button repeatedly until the display shows the number 19.

4- take finger off reset button and wait till display shows 'test off' It will alternate between on and off. While it is on 'off' press the reset button. You will now get 0 where 19 was. Quickly press the reset button again until you reach number 7. The coolant temperature will now display in degrees c.

5- start the engine and have a drive around to see how hot the coolant is getting. From what I've read on here 92 degrees is optimal.

This temperature information will help our club experts decide what might be wrong. Hope that helps

Edit - just seen Rons post. I didn't know what the fault codes were.
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s

Last edited by madeupname; 18th January 2018 at 15:29..
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote