View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2018, 10:22   #35
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
Absolutely agree - It's not dropshipping - it's JIT (just in time) supply (or that's what its supposed to be).

Yes, No -- See below. As an aside sales assistants do it every day up and down the country. Another example is auction houses sell stuff they don't own all the time (although they usually have posession at the time of sale). When you order some carrots from the supermarket for delivery the next day - who do you think 'owns' those carrots while you pay the supermarket up front?........

Absolutely, and for traders able to pull it off smoothly it makes a great difference. Carrying stock paid for in advance with only a sales forecast to go on, or worse waiting for payment after supplying goods or services, can often make business's that are turning over well with good order books go under.
I am on about an item you do not own, as in the word ‘own’ I.e. possession. When you take an order to supply something you do not ‘own’,you are making a ‘promise’ to supply. Usually if you make a promise to supply an item, which you are on about, I think, by definition you are asked, or you give, a time or date when you will be able to supply the item. If you can not, or are unable to give an explanation as to why you can’t complete the transaction, I personally would contact the customer and explain why, and also offer them their money back. A simple procedure. These posts are the reason, that although the person we are on about ‘promises to supply, after you have paid money up front’, either partly or fully,that whet my appetite, I would not get involved with. And by the way, ‘Dropshiping’ is not what is happening here, that is unless his customers are receiving their goods from the manufacturer, and not the person referred to on here. Just thought I would clear that point up..

Last edited by bl52krz; 3rd January 2018 at 10:41.. Reason: Extra info added
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote