View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2017, 15:42   #153
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Oh yes - don’t start me on how certain EU member States bend and bent the rules for their own ends!

I also believe we in the U.K. are guilty of gold plating EU rules.

A classic example was our cheese industry - the EU susgested production and storage rules - our civil servants put this into law and so small local wonderful cheese makers went out of business.

In contrast France - who has some fabulous cheeses matured in caves! - simply said -“OK - but where traditional methods are established - then we will leave things as they are”.

I have alway been as frustrated with the UK’s gold plating of EU directives as I have been with what the original EEC that I voted to join has morphed into over time.

I did not vote for a common currency ( thank god we are not in it) nor did I vote for free movement or a United States of Europe.
Ah well, there's the rub - we sort of played fair while no one else was. The UK is also responsible for some of the 'EU's more stupid directives which again everyone conveniently forgets/doesn't realise

The Euro no (and actualy that's a great example of what we could do - everyone else has it), but free movement is fine in my book. I see no evidence of it taking British jobs from suitable people who want them.

Last edited by mystabe; 22nd November 2017 at 15:53..
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote