View Single Post
Old 4th November 2008, 19:12   #15
Departed
Retired

--

There's a useful thread on replacing rear springs in the 'how to' from Podge IIRC.

I had a minor problem in that one of the bolts on the upper link was siezed, so I had to remove the lower instead.

I replaced all of the brake pipes under the car using copper from PMF just by Sandon Road motors. You have to make your own flares but they sell a tool, or you could borrow mine. I had problems with the junction just by the steering rack where the rear pipes link to the cross car pipes. they are mostly 10mm fittings but one under car one is bigger. I have spare ones of all of these if you go ahead. It's also a struggle to get the LHR pipe across the car above the fuel tank, but it can be done and taking the fuel pump access panels off makes it possible. Finally, most of the plastic clips went brittle so had to be replaced, and it's even more important to properly support if you replace in copper.

You may even consider a set of new flexible hoses, I think they were only £14 squids from the bay of fleas when I bought them earlier this year. More expense I know, but it makes the job much easier.
Departed is offline   Reply With Quote