View Single Post
Old 16th April 2017, 19:15   #2
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

I had a problem (twice actually) with my ABS ecu. Basically corrosopn on the pins, a common fault. I managed to change just the electronics bit so as not to disturb the pipework and hence require bleeding the system. I purchased both from members on here, no idea which car model they came from, but certain without traction control. Mine is a KV6 2.5 auto.
The job is tricky, but possible. The screws holding the 2 parts together are awkward to get at, I seem to remember I used hex screwdriver bits and a combination of spanners and sockets to turn them. Very tedious. I also had to carefully lever the unit around, with potential damage to pipes, but managed ok. Also, the connector has to be treated carefully. It has a slider which has to be fully released before separating the connector from the unit (and replacing it). Also the pins are easily bent. I ended up using a multimeter to check continuity between the inside of the ECU, and the wires from the connector, using a needle to pierce the insulation.
There is no loss of fluid if you do it this way, nor is a T4 needed. Tricky, but possible with care and patience.

Stewart
StewartIngram is online now   Reply With Quote