View Single Post
Old 29th January 2017, 20:41   #6
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
This is the passenger mirror I got off of ebay that arrived yesterday. I'm not going to say how long it took me to remove my mirror the first time on the passenger side but when I did the drivers side, I don't know, 10 seconds

picture 1.
Where the tape is, make sure you have adjust this side of the mirror as far back into the housing as it will go. don't force it.

Picture2
Insert a screw driver between the mirror and housing and push the mirror to the left in the direction of the arrow. it will only move about 1/8th to 1/4th of an inch

Picture3
whilst still keeping the mirror pushed in the direction of the arrow, insert something thin between the mirror and casing where my thumb is. Give this a little lever to push the mirror on this side away for the housing. The left side should now me free.

Remove your screwdrivers. Hold the mirror and push it back in the opposite direction to the arrow, about 1/8th to 1/4 of an inch. This should now free the other side of the mirror and you can pull it away.
Don't forget to remove the wires at this point that attach to the heating element
You should have in your hand the mirror and a black plastic backing

macafee2
I know this is a three year old post but I would like to add--------------Use something not as HARD as a screwdriver blade against the mirror glass.

Glass and a hardened blade don't really get along well together.--

A bit of hard plastic would be so much better.--
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote