View Single Post
Old 7th January 2017, 17:08   #39
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post
Pete,

I fitted one of the dmgrs front sensors yesterday. Had 2 problems fitting it, one was the electrical connector was very tight, now got that in ok but was certainly hard to fit compared with oem.

Second issue was getting the sensor all the way down. It seems slightly raised to me. The fixing bolt is tight but the shank of the sensor is slightly proud. I can get my finger nail under the fixing tab at the sensor end of it.

I suspect i will have to take it out again and file it down as you did. Annoying thing is after fitting initially i drove over 100 miles with no issue. No idea why it could behave quite like that.

How did you file yours down? Was it just the fixing plate or did you file some of the shoulder at the tip end as well?
I didn't file the tip end at all - best to leave this alone in case you damage the sensor. I filed the outside of the main 'barrel' body of the sensor so it would fit into the hole, and also took about 1mm off the steel bush that goes into the bolt hole on the mounting bracket/flange part of the sensor, so the sensor would go slightly further into the hub. I would only use genuine Rover items in future - it is worth the extra 20 quid to avoid these issues with aftermarket items

Pete
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote