View Single Post
Old 6th October 2008, 16:46   #10
JamesP
Loves to post

Rover 75 ConnSE CDTi 131 Starlight Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff11 View Post
Sorry to but in here just read the above and it applies in my case, a couple of months ago had a minolta 5mp camera which was really good, but it went wrong and after 3 years of use decided to get another, I went for an olympus one with 8mp thinking it would be better but the quality of the pictures is not as good as the old camera, not as sharp or defined with dark areas being common.
I took out an instant replacement warranty if it goes wrong, I then went to currys who recon theres nothing wrong with it and wont replace it, so what do I do ?? any suggestions on how to make it stop working bearing in mind its not covered for accidents . I have been looking on the web and there fitted with a poor lens, Ive asked a couple of camers shops and there of the same opinion.
If Curry’s have proven your camera to be fine by taking pictures with an identical camera of the same scene at the same time as you & then comparing them on the same monitor, I believe your only option is to sell it on eBay, as the camera would be deemed fit for purpose.

I am certain it is not worth the risk of trying to break it as you will only be able to sell it for spares, they may even charge you for a part not covered by the Warranty terms.

Sorry I can’t help.
JamesP is offline   Reply With Quote