View Single Post
Old 26th October 2016, 05:47   #264
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I love these 'earthy' greyscale shots. I prefer to think of them as black and chrome, rather than black and white or greyscale. There is a sharpness to them, and a narrative to them.

It takes a certain kind of model for these shots to work, and this guy is one of them.

There is one thing I dont like though, and it is the hand. I would prefer it without the hand, because there is a softness to the edge of the palm. I know it was a 2.8 aperture - which is quite shocking given the depth of field behind the eyes compared to the front. Is it movement?
Hi Alan,

I think it's just the depth of field with shooting wide open that has thrown his hand oof.
I was shooting hand held with my 70-200 so kept the aperture open to keep the ISO down low(ish) and maintain shutter speed whilst keeping the lighting under control.

This was taken at our camera club last week and there was thirty other members jostling for position to get some photos so it was quite a hectic shoot.......good fun though

I have got other shots with different poses which I'll post up in a separate thread a bit later