View Single Post
Old 30th September 2016, 16:52   #33
larryr123
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T

"""In your case, it sounds as if there might be an issue with the sensor, either its sensitivity or its positioning."""

Harry - The sensor was installed new on the front drivers side. Some have commented about the distance between the sensor and the reluctor ring, and here you have two possibilities.
On the front there is no possibility to control the distance between the sensor and the embedded reluctor ring in the hub, since it's part of the wheel bearing and it takes the reading from the side of the sensor, not the tip, as in Arctic's photos.

For the rear wheels, the sensor tip is taking the reading and yes there is a possibility of the distances changing if the back plates get warped or bent. This does not appear to be the case on my two rear wheel back plates and I've cleaned them both up and made sure there is no obstructions at the end of the sensor. Both rear wheels were providing regular pulses and there are now no recorded faults in either rear wheel.

I don't have an ABS warning light and I don't have a brake light warning, there are no ABS faults after a road test, so the system things all is OK.

Is there another, non ABS, cause for judder on the brake pedal.
The sound it makes is like a springing noise.

Larry
larryr123 is offline   Reply With Quote