View Single Post
Old 14th September 2016, 04:39   #18
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
MGCC is a proper owners club run professionally with paid staff & with membership typically £50 per annum.

SOC is similarly run (Stag Owners Club)

I've been saying for years that this is what the 75ZT owners need desperately if this marque is going to survive

At the moment this club relies on individual members to come up with certain upgraded parts & improvements which is not sustainable as those members come & go.

All the Facebook groups have a similar unsustainable ethos.
Good for members keeping in touch and arranging meets but not effective for the preservation and new parts requisition because there is simply no investment being made.
I agree and this was one of the reasons why I sold my ZT and bought a Jag. I have just signed up to the JEC, cost me £50, but seem to have genuine support. Dropped out of the MGOC as their support for the modern MGs was almost totally focused on the MGF, despite their publicised commitment to the contrary.

Very brave of you Jules to post such a comment. It must be very frustrating for you, running a business centred around the ZT/75s and being a very highly trusted and respected expert on the cars, only to be thwarted by the lack of support?

Hope the subject matter/post it doesn't go badly.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote