View Single Post
Old 11th August 2016, 22:40   #5652
Southcoast
Regular poster

Rover 75

Default Fitted real walnut dash

Picked up a real wood dash from Ebay for £40.
Read up through the 'how to' to see what's involved so had a go this evening.
All seemed to come off easy enough, but there was a bit of head scratching when I got to disconnecting the central air vent cable. I took a photo and put it on the PC screen and then all became clear. So much easier when you can see what you are looking at. So here is a mini how to:
1. Get a small screwdriver under the cable retainer A, give a few twists and it will pull out.
2. Move the cable down along line B so it is in line with the gap in the cable retaining guides (in red).
3. Place a small screwdriver under the cable doughnut C and twist to lift it off.
There you go. Easy.

I was also surprised at how hard it was to pull out the tiny power plug from the clock. I had to get a pair of long nose pliers on it and give a mighty tug
Assembly wasn't too bad, just the main section took a while and I used a plastic shim (Cut down Robinsons raspberry juice bottle, but any flavour will do) to protect the central facia as I shoved it in.

All polished up now with wax and looking good. I can now bask in the feeling that I have a REAL wood dash

Last edited by Southcoast; 11th August 2016 at 22:43..
Southcoast is offline   Reply With Quote