View Single Post
Old 27th July 2016, 14:01   #10
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRS View Post
My accord type r is 280bhp nasp and that puts the power down just fine, factory fit torsen LSD no wheel slip here , and thats a 2.2L 4 cylinder!!! they make a 1.8 B18 that comes with over 190bhp in integra type r form... how rover struggled to make 200hp from a 2.5 v6 blows my mind.

Then on the flip side i had a 380bhp Saab 9-5 Aero and that would spin the wheels even in 4th.
No LSD and over 400ib fit of torque.

Its the torque that makes the wheels lose traction, Hondas dont have any so im ok.
The KV6 isnt exactly a torque monster.

Take the Alfa 3.2V6 for example, thats a FWD motor pushing 260bhp in nasp form.
They can easily be taking well over 300hp with not a great deal of work either, the KV6 is a weak engine making only 188bhp.

I would be happy with 220, and an engine swap would be a fun place to start... i do happen to have an older 3.0 V6 12v Alfa engine sat there, thats 260bhp... i wonder how hard it would be to make that fit.

My main reason for sticking to the KV6 is the LPG setup i would want to retain that.
I love Honda's, my last Accord I scrapped, broke my heart to do that but she had been sat sorned for over a year and needed quite a bit doing to it. In hindsight I should have put her back on the road but then I wouldn't have bought a 1.8T and found this Forum.

Looking at the cars you own I'm surprised you are bothered about LPG being fitted......

Power and economy is a tough thing to achieve.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote