Thread: EU vote?
View Single Post
Old 14th June 2016, 15:38   #610
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebuilder View Post
We hold none of the cards. 44% of our exports go to the EU, 8% of theirs come here.

Agreements have to be made about ex pats on both sides, those already working in various countries etc. Then there's the trade deals and all manner of things, especially if we go down a Norway route.

The EU will be in no rush to conclude matters and in the meantime our economy will be hit by the uncertainty.

We hold ALL of the cards, their 8% amounts to more than double our 44%. Now there is more than one way to look at that statistic, but do you honestly believe that THEY can afford to loose that trade, as well as our NET contribution to EU?
It seems to me, that the top reason for for voting remain, is a lack of confidence in our own government to negotiate a good deal for UK, but what is the worst deal they could possibly achieve?? A free trade deal perhaps? According to the IN's this would cost us just as much, and we would have to accept free movement, but would someone please explain to me why we would be any worse off than we are now? And don't bother to mention the loss of our 1:27 vote, because that's hardly a major issue compared with the freedom to trade with the rest of the world on our own terms. Indeed, I would be inclined to think that by the time the negotiations were completed, we would have developed new trading partnerships.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk