Thread: EU vote?
View Single Post
Old 7th June 2016, 17:10   #327
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Last night I printed a put a home made 'VOTE OUT' poster in a window. I'm not seeing many such posters, but all those I have seen, are for OUT. Maybe that means that political feelings amongst the OUT's is stronger than the IN's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideValve View Post
I guess because the official line of all parties except Farage's rabble is that we're better off in. All this tosh about immigration is just trying to appeal to people's base instincts. For years this government have done next to nothing to reduce immigration from outside the EU because we need the skills and the taxes. Gove might promise he'll get immigration down to tens of thousands but that will only work if they invest in the skills here - the direct opposite of this government's actions. Personally I believe the reason EU has kept its manufacturing base is simply because they've invested in it. I worked briefly in Munich and they held engineering in very high esteem. I've also worked in UK schools and never met a pupil that wanted to be an engineer.
If we stay in and actually fight to make Europe work I reckon things could improve. If we leave and muppets like Boris and Farage, who have sound-bites instead of policies, get their way I reckon we'll be facing the longest recession in our history.
On the other hand that will stop immigration.
I do agree that technical and engineering skills are held in much higher esteem in the rest of the EU, than in the UK, but I cannot agree with your entirely with your analysis of Johnson and Farage.

Johnson comes across as a bit of a buffoon to me - he is there to make a name for himself and just wants to be on the winning side. Farage seems to be a very honest straight forward, down to earth individual, with high principles - a breath of fresh air in the political scene.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by Dragrad; 7th June 2016 at 23:35.. Reason: Consecutive posts - use the edit or Multi-quote :-)