View Single Post
Old 17th May 2016, 12:01   #8
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Mk1 ZT 190 - Mk2 ZS 180 - Mercedes E63 AMG S - Ford Ranger Hawk

My views are simple really... as they arent charging or selling a product then why should they pay trader fees?

Traders on here sell things and make a profit, these guys did it for the good of the community, they made a program to benifit everyone and not themselves... surely thats contribution enough?
Working day after day on software (albiet not perfect) for others to use FOR FREE
They do charge for certain things yes so thats a grey area, but as for actual use of the basic program then i dont see an issue.
Personally from having a Audi i can safely say that i was gutted to have to pay £250 for a VCDS cable
I also have tuning gear which cost well over £400 for my Honda to tune OBD1 ecu's.
The software is free is is advertised on various clubs/pages without any payments being made.
Its the same with TOAF its free you cant honestly expect them to pay the club to talk about free software that the created in there own time to support a community that doesnt have free access to T4.

Its ok for us in the UK but everywhere else is very limited personally i think all the bitching should just stop... those going on about the money side of things totally miss the point, they arent in it to make money...

Anyway... my rant over.