View Single Post
Old 8th May 2016, 07:12   #62
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly View Post
As worrying as it might be, I don't think that the GSIUR applies to touring caravans that are for personal use only (they do if you hire them out to others), so they wouldn't have to be 'Gas Safe registered' to work on gas appliances in a privately owned for sole use touring caravan.

Strange but true.
My understanding is that if they charge for any gas work, they have to be GasSafe registered and it is a separate GS qualification for bottled gas work - otherwise it is a criminal offence.

You can do work for yourself, providing you are 'competent'.

Having caught out Corgi and GS qualified engineers doing poor and dangerous work several times in the past, I now only trust myself to carry out the work.

I carry out regular inspections and leak tests both at home, and in my caravan.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote