View Single Post
Old 10th April 2016, 14:49   #19
paulonsite
Loves to post

ZT CDTi Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraeus View Post
26 014 if I recall correctly. Both the 26s at Brechin are running in D xxxx guise in green livery.

His first purchase was 27 024 in 1987. I remember this well as I put in £500 for 5% share to help with purchase as it all had to be done in a hurry. So I suppose in theory I still own 5% of it but as I have not been involved in all the massive amounts of time and money since it really was a donation to allow purchase. There were many hoops to be jumped through the biggest being asbestos removal before arrival. It left some of the inside a bit of a mess.
On the plus side I did get to drive it a couple of times once working. Under VERY close supervision on a line closed day!

That is three diesels I have driven. First a Class 08 the Dundee Station Pilot in 1981. Pulled the stock out of platform 3.
And
A class 47 from Arbroath to Dundee on a live service. Eek! If the passengers had known a 17 year old schoolboy was at the controls
It is a shame todays youngsters have no chance of experiencing such things.
Most remarkable thing was passing through Monifieth Station where I lived at 90mph!
Changed days indeed

Chris
Changed indeed!!! When I was 13annabit I drove a 117 in service in the weekday peak (in my school uniform) from Sutton Coldfield to Duddeston, supervised by a driver and Traction inspector. Lulz. Even then the risks we were taking were intergalatic but it was mighty fun. I only overan at Aston, and then only by about ten feet. Tee hee - I could hardly reach the dead man's but as you can imagine my AWS reactions were lightning quick at that age. Now THAT was an awesome afternoon.

Last edited by paulonsite; 10th April 2016 at 14:53..
paulonsite is offline   Reply With Quote