View Single Post
Old 5th April 2016, 02:17   #10
DragonFly
Loves to post

Non 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVYL View Post
@DragonFly & @Jakg - the problem is the following : if lets say I buy the car from dragonfly and keep it on uk plates, he will still be the owner of the car ( at least his name written on the car's documents ) , I will only have a bill and some paperwork where it says that I bought the car and have the legal rights. This mean I have to pay him insurance every year. The police here will check to have a valid insurance and the car not to be stolen or something like that.
That's not quite how it would work I'm afraid. I (or anyone else with any rational thought) wouldn't be about to let you drive off into the sunset with a car that I'm still (on paper at least) legally responsible for.

If I were to have a V8 to sell you, after you'd prized it from over my dead body , the log book would be filled in to say that I'd sold it, and you'd bought it, giving your Romanian address.

The DVLA would then amend the vehicle record to show that it had been exported.

You'd then need to insure it in Romania, which to be honest, would probably be the cheaper option for you anyway. There are plenty of insurance companies across mainland Europe that will insure UK registered vehicles. One of my neighbours spends about 7 months of the year in France these days and has his UK registered car and van insured on a French policy.
DragonFly is offline   Reply With Quote